Cantor Robbie Solomon is often asked to compose music for an occasion. Some of his best-loved liturgical pieces were done on commission. Commissioning music is a great way to honor an occasion or a person. You can contact Robbie directly through this web site to ask about how to begin the process.
Ask About Commissions
Here is a partial list:
For the 30th Anniversary of the founding of Temple Emanu-El of Atlanta, GA, Robbie Solomon was commissioned to write a new setting for the Friday night service. The service will debut on Friday night March 14, 2008 at Temple Emanu-El with Cantor Ben Adler...
The Torah Service (©1989), for the new sanctuary at Temple Beth-El, Northbrook, IL. Meanwhile, an inaugural service for the Northbrook synagogue was planned for the fall of 1989. A Slavin-Malkin Religious School dedication committee was formed with Gordon Levine as...
Zimrat Shalom (©1989), a Friday night service for the 130th anniversary of Cong. Neveh Shalom of Portland, OR.
Havdalah (©1986), a contemporary setting, for Temple Emanuel, Worcester, MA.
- The Priestly Blessing, SATB plus solo ©2016 – Written for ACC Convention, June, 2016 in Philadelphia for the inauguration of officers
- Sefirat Ha’omer for solo with congregational response ©2016 – Written for the new Conservative prayer book, “Lev Shalem”
- Lev Shavur for cantor and choir ©2016 – Written on a passage of new Reform Machzor, Mishkan Hanefesh
- Uv’chein for cantor and choir ©2015 – Written for the collection “Shirei Mishkan Hanefesh”
- Elohai N’shamah ©2008 for Rabbi Lewis and Naomi Mintz for their years of service at Cong. Beth Elohim, Acton, MA
- Beit Yaakov ©2003 for the inauguration of Jacob Mendleson as President of the Cantors Assembly
- Forever Blessed ©2001 for the Bar Mitzvah of Gabriel Sirkman
- Build Me a Holy Place ©2001 for a new sanctuary at the Larchmont Temple, NY
- Seeds of Compassion ©2000 for the purchase of a new torah scroll at Cong. Beth Shalom, Northbrook, IL
- Tzedek Tirdof ©1999 for the Bar Mitzvah of Daniel Rosensweig
- Anim Zemirot ©1984 for Temple Israel, Natick, MA